What should we be looking forward to with the changing season? Autumn is here, and the changing season means changing our clocks. Don’t forget to put your clocks forward one hour this Sunday at midnight.
My favorite season is fall, and I want to share some of my favorite autumn activities with you.
Here is my personal top 20 list of the best activities for fall:
- Check out the new storylines of your favorite TV shows on prime time.
- Get ready for important family holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- Apples! They’re everywhere in the fall, so enjoy apple pies, candy apples, and apple cider.
- Enjoy your favorite comfort foods, like meatloaf or mac and cheese.
- Act like a kid again by coming up with a creative costume idea for a Halloween party.
- Get back to some of your favorite hobbies: creative writing, jewelry making, sewing or knitting.
- Shopping for winter clothes – I love getting back into cozy pajamas and woolly sweaters at this time of year.
- Skiing and skating are coming up soon. Snowy mountains will make you feel like a kid again.
- Football is back! Yay team!
- When you feel like being fancy, indulge in a wine tasting or some specialty teas.
- Now is the time to catch up on DIY projects around the house such as refurbishing furniture and painting.
- It’s time to enjoy board games with your family, such as Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit.
- Now is the most economical time to travel, so why not go somewhere warm like Disneyland?
- Do you like your cookies soft and gooey or crisp and crunchy? Personally, I love gooey soft peanut butter cookies!
- Do you have a list of current bestsellers that you want to read? Let us know!
- Now is the time to get a jump start on shopping for holiday gifts. You can get good deals on bathrobes, toys and socks.
- When you’re packing away your summer clothes, make sure you donate the ones you don’t wear anymore, or hold a yard sale.
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen, food bank or church.
- Check out some college sports, and remember how much fun tailgating is. Reconnect with your alma mater and cheer on the old team.
- Check out some of these LED accessories to add a bit of light to your life, and to light up your imagination.
Dancing Water Illuminated Speakers
Water jets are illuminated by multicolored LED lights. Watch as they dance in time to the volume and beat of your favorite music.
With your purchase you get two 3-watt speakers made of clear acrylic with a built-in amplifier, connection cables, four LED lights and an installation guide. The plug-and-play configuration is easy to use as well as being compatible with MP3, iPods and most computer systems.
You can buy them for $24.99 here. Tell us if you find a better deal somewhere else.
LED spray nozzle for kitchen faucets
This LED spray nozzle by LightInTheBox is available at Amazon.com for $3.61. This price is a 75 percent savings on the retail listing. According to product specs, this item is chrome and ABS.
There are almost 200 customer reviews that you can check out. This is a great find if you’re into home improvements, and this is the best time of year for these projects.
Light-up flashing shoelaces
These popular new shoelaces are manufactured by Hoter, and you can get them with green, red, blue, yellow, pink and orange lights. According to the Amazon listing, here are some of the features these shoelaces offer:
- Colorful lights
- Three different modes: normal, slow blink, and fast blink
- CR2032 lithium button batteries (not included) that last for around 70 hours in blinking modes.
- Work with all kinds of shoes
- This product is sold by LEDMall
LED USB mouse
This computer USB mouse press lamp from Brando Workshop is listed at $17. Normally it is available in 5 colors but because of this product’s popularity, there are now only two colors available.
This press lamp is designed in the shape of a USB mouse. Light up the lamp by pressing it. This press lamp provides soft mood lighting and is a fun piece to have on your desk.
LED shower head
This really cool product by HDE is available from DreamSpa Inc. The shower head’s LED lights change color according to the temperature of the water.
No batteries are required for this shower head, because the water flow itself provides all the energy needed. This ABS shower head is chrome finished and with its ¾ inch screw it will fit most standard showers. The flow rate is about 2.5 gallons per minute. Originally listed at $59.99, you can now buy it here for $39.99.
LED ice bucket
This LED ice bucket uses 1.8 W and is listed at $69.99. You can also get it here at a 15 percent discount, or $59.99.
This ice bucket would be great in any kitchen or dining room, or as a novelty item in a patio or bedroom setting.
This ice bucket has had some really positive reviews. It makes a great conversation piece when you have guests.
Rainbow LED hair clips
Etsy.com features over 160 reviews of these rainbow daisy LED hair clips. These rainbow blacklight hair accessories have a cool glowing look that would be perfect for a costume party or other nighttime fun. You can buy them for $12 here.
These flower hair clips come in pink, blue, yellow, orange, purple and green. The faux flowers are carefully assembled using color-changing LED lights and also function as secure hair clips.
Light-up Star Wars sunglasses
These light-up glasses from Big and Little have a Star Wars Clone Wars theme, and you can get them at Amazon.com. Priced at $16.99 they make a perfect gift for that Star Wars geek in your circle of family and friends.
These sunglasses are cool enough to appeal to kids, but they also meet safety regulations. They provide 100 percent protection from UV rays, feature shatterproof lenses, and are easy to turn on and off with a simple switch. Look here for more details.
LED stud earrings
Whether you’re male or female, these flashing LED stud earrings are sure to get you plenty of attention. They are easy to use – you just pull a white tag and twist the stud to activate the light.
These multicolor LED earrings have a morphing mode that looks really cool. Batteries come with your purchase, which contains one pair of LED earrings per package.
You can buy them for $1.89 a pair at Cool Glow. Shipping is free for orders over $38.99, so make sure you look at some of their other great party items and LED products.
Solar-power water bottle cap
Water and light are two basic necessities of life. This product celebrates both water and light in a practical way, and you can purchase it for $19.99.
This LED cap is the brightest and lightest one available, allowing you to use your water bottle as a solar powered light.
The cap weighs less than 3 ounces and will fit a standard bottle with a 2-inch mouth, including Camelbak, Nalgene, GSI and others. Here are the specs according to the Think Geek listing:
- Fully sealed, sturdy, safe lighting system
- High-output fast-charging solar panel
- Four white super-bright LEDs
- Daylight sensor allows automatic switch-off
- Weighs 2.6 ounces
Note: the water bottle is not included with your purchase.
Cosmos Light Lamp
This Astrostar Laser Projector Cosmos Light Lamp sounds awesome and scientific. Kids will love it, and you’ll love pretending you’re a kid again when you use this product to inspire you.
This Star Projector lamp will bring the universe into your own home, giving you your very own piece of the night sky. Rotating the base allows you to bring another field into view.
This lamp is listed at $11.46 not including shipping, handling and taxes.