A soap dispenser these days is seen as a must-have for any kitchen. By keeping the dispenser filled with liquid soap, you’ve got soap at your fingertips whenever you have dishes or pots and pans to wash. Most kitchens now have soap dispensers, and the reservoirs are easy to refill.
There is a wide selection of soap dispensers out there on the market. It can be hard to make a decision about which one is the best. It’s worth taking the time to make a good choice, so that you don’t end up with something sub-standard in your kitchen. That’s why I decided to put together this page to compare some of the options out there and choose the best ones.
What are Kitchen Soap Dispensers?
Soap dispensers are simple devices that allow you to pump liquid soap directly onto dishes you are washing with a push of a handle. The good ones will dispense exactly the right amount with each push. Here are some of the different kinds of soap dispensers for kitchens.
- Manual dispensers
- Automatic dispensers
- Foam dispensers
Best Soap Dispensers Comparison Table
|# of Amazon Customer Reviews
|Premier 552029 13-Ounce Soap Dispenser, Brushed Nickel
|Moen 3942 Soap/Lotion Dispensers, Chrome
|Delta Faucet RP1001 Soap/Lotion Dispenser, Chrome
|Delta Faucet RP50781SS Gala, Soap/Lotion Dispenser Assembly, Stainless Finish
|Kitchen-Classics Best Stainless Steel Sink Soap Dispenser (Satin)
|Premier 120443 17.5-Ounce Soap Dispenser, Brushed Nickel
|Premier 125468 Soap Dispenser, Parisian Bronze
|Premier Faucet 284458 Soap Dispenser, Stainless Steel
|Delta Faucet RP47280SS Allora, Soap/Lotion Dispenser, Stainless
|KOHLER K-1895-C-VS Soap/Lotion Dispenser with Contemporary Design, Vibrant Stainless
|Delta Faucet RP71543RB Cassidy, Soap/Lotion Dispenser and Bottle, Venetian Bronze
|Delta RP50813 Soap/Lotion Dispenser, Chrome
|Delta Faucet RP21905 Soap/Lotion Dispenser Pump Head, Chrome
|Kohler K-1894-C-2BZ Clam-Shell Packed Soap/Lotion Dispenser with Traditional Design, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Video – How to Install a Kitchen Soap Dispenser
Why Does Your Kitchen Need a Soap Dispenser?
Here are some of the advantages of using a good soap dispenser at your kitchen sink:
- Convenience: If your soap is in a dispenser that’s mounted near your faucet, it’s very easy for you to wash dishes without having to go hunting for the soap every time you want to use it.
- Adds to Your Faucet’s Looks: A soap dispenser that coordinates well with your faucet can really add something to the look of your kitchen. Most of us want our kitchens to look as great as possible.
- Dispenses Just Enough Soap: Liquid soaps can be hard to use without a dispenser. A soap dispenser gives you exactly the same amount every time – not too much and not too little.
Choosing the Best Soap Dispenser for Your Kitchen
Here are some of the factors you should keep in mind when you’re looking for a soap dispenser:
- Price: Obviously it’s important to stay within your budget. Shop around and get a sense of what’s out there, and then buy the best one you can find that fits your budget. There’s no reason to pay more than 80 dollars, as some of the best models are under that price.
- Quality: Skip the plastic dispensers and buy one that’s made from metal. They cost a bit more but they will last longer, so it’s worth it in the end.
- Separate or Mounted: Some kitchen soap dispensers simply sit beside the faucet, and others are installed in the sink using a hole.
- Brand Name: With a soap dispenser, obviously you’re not going to be as concerned about the brand name as you would be for a faucet. Still, it’s best to buy from a respected manufacturer such as Kohler, Kraus, Grohe, Moen or Delta. See if your favorite brand offers a model that you like.
- Style and Design: Style is one of the main reasons for buying a soap dispenser, so find one that really works with your faucet’s color and design. The faucet and the dispenser should go together perfectly; otherwise it ruins the effect.
- Pump Action: Choose a soap dispenser with a good pump action to dispense the perfect amount of liquid soap. Ideally you should be able to control how much soap it dispenses by how far you push the handle.
The Five Best Soap Dispensers for Kitchens
1. Premier 552029 Soap Dispenser
This model is one of the best selling kitchen soap dispensers. It is solidly constructed and works extremely well. The top of the dispenser and the plate are metal while the body is plastic (but still manages to look like metal).
This dispenser is among the best in its price range – under 20 dollars. The size of the dispenser is practical, and you can’t beat the price!
Of course, because it is not made entirely of metal, this model will not last as long as some others. But it’s still good value for the price. Amazon has more than 659 reviews of this dispenser if you want to get a better sense of how good it is. You can get it for less than 20 dollars if you buy it on Amazon.
>>For more discounts – Check out Amazon<<
2. Moen 3942 Lotion/Soap Dispenser
Moen is a well-known and respected brand name. This model is perfect for anyone who is looking for a dispenser that gives you the perfect amount every time and works with a smooth pump action. This model is top quality from a top brand, and you can buy it for less than 80 dollars.
This soap dispenser features an eye-catching design as well as great functionality. It’s easy to control precisely how much soap you get by how much you push the handle. Installing this dispenser on your kitchen sink is a simple and straightforward process.
This model costs a bit more than some, but it is a good investment, as you won’t have to replace it any time soon. In fact, this dispenser includes a lifetime warranty covering finish defects and manufacturing problems. So really, the price isn’t an issue if you’re thinking of saving money in the long term.
One possible downside to this product is that it doesn’t work well with thicker liquid soaps. Only a small number of customers have commented on this issue, so it doesn’t seem to be a problem for most people.
To get the best possible deal on the price,check it out on Amazon.
3. Delta RP1001 Soap Dispenser
Are you looking for a soap dispenser for under 20 dollars, but you have your heart set on a solid chrome finish? This Delta model may be the answer. The parts that show above sink level as well as the plunger are made from solid chrome, and the part that is hidden under your sink is made from plastic. This model comes in other finishes too, but they cost more, which is one reason I like the chrome so much. It looks great, it’s well-made, and it works well too.
Installing this dispenser is a breeze, and refilling it is made easy by the funnel that is included with the purchase. This modern design allows you to refill the reservoir by removing the top part of the dispenser, so there’s no need to take anything apart from underneath the sink.
If you go through a lot of liquid soap, you may find yourself refilling this dispenser every week and a half, as the reservoir only holds about 13 ounces. For most people, this is not a problem.
Now you can see why I recommend this soap dispenser from Delta so highly. You can’t beat this combination of quality and low price.
Check it out on Amazon for the best discounts.
4. Delta RP50781 Soap Dispenser
This is a model you might consider if you’ve got a slightly bigger budget and want a dispenser that looks great and functions exceptionally well too. This dispenser is made from plastic, but it’s still a reliable product that looks stylish and works great.
You can easily refill this dispenser from the top, without having to go below your sink. If you go through a lot of soap, be sure to get a soap dispenser that can be refilled this way. The capacity of the reservoir is reasonable at 13 ounces, which is big enough for most people.
As with any product, there are downsides. You need to buy your own funnel for refilling, as there isn’t one included with this model. I also have my doubts about how long it will last, given that it’s completely made of plastic. It all depends how much use it will get in your kitchen. (It is possible to replace the pump for this model if it breaks. The model number for the pump is RP47888)
On the whole, this dispenser works smoothly and it looks like stainless steel even if it isn’t made of metal. If you use it gently, this soap dispenser will serve you well, and is among the best available for under 40 dollars.
>>Check out Amazon for more discounts<<
5. Moen 3944 Soap/Lotion Dispenser
If you want a soap dispenser with an elegant style that can hold a lot of soap, then this is probably the best model for you. Compared to other dispensers, this model has a smaller footprint and a low profile. It is one of my favorite designs.
As with all Moen products, high quality is assured for this soap dispenser. All of the visible parts above sink level are made from solid sturdy metal. The inside parts and the reservoir are made from rigid high quality plastic. This ensures that the soap dispenser will be durable and long-lasting.
Installing this soap dispenser is very easy. You just need to cut a 1 ⅛-inch hole in the sink deck and place the dispenser in the hole from above as directed in the instructions.
One recommendation I have is to prime the dispenser with water first before you fill it with soap. Fill the reservoir about one-quarter full and pump out all of the water before you put the soap in.
There are a couple of drawbacks to this model. Refilling is a slow process because the opening in the top is so small. Also, this dispenser is a bit pricey.
However, the price may not be a big issue because the dispenser is going to last you for such a long time. This is my favorite dispenser that’s available for less than 80 dollars.
>>Check out Amazon for more discounts<<