Does your kitchen need a faucet with a compact, slim shape? Are you looking for a tall kitchen faucet that has a traditional style but with up-to-date functionality? This Danze bar faucet from the Opulence line delivers all of this every time you use it, as well as giving you a choice between six different finishes. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $367, but you’ll find that if you shop online at sites such as Amazon you can probably save as much as 42 percent off this price.
The one feature you’ll love most with this Danze faucet is how effectively the design works. The spout is 9 ¾ inches tall and is able to swivel 180 degrees. There is also a 3/8 inch OD inlet and the aerator clearance is ½ inch. The spout only has 5 ½ inches of reach, which is something to keep in mind if you are deciding if this faucet will work in your sink.
Here are some more features for you to consider:
- This model features brass construction, making it durable enough for heavy day-to-day use
- The side lever moves smoothly and fluidly, so that you have complete control over the temperature
- This faucet can deliver up to 2.5 gallons per minute of flow, which is a higher flow rate than most faucets at this price level
The only real drawback of this fixture is the reach of the spout. If you need a secondary faucet on a smaller sink, or a faucet for drinking water on your main sink, this faucet is about the right size (especially useful if you have a leftover installation hole to fill). Most people will find that it’s a bit too small to be practical as the primary faucet on the main kitchen sink.
This particular unit has an advantage shared by all of the other models in Danze’s line of kitchen faucets. It contains a ceramic disc valve that is corrosion resistant, preventing leaks and the kind of degradation over time that you sometimes see with plastic or metal valves in other faucets. This feature makes the faucet more durable and helps the faucet spout move smoothly and easily whenever you use it.
Here are some other advantages to keep in mind:
- The faucet’s design means it will need little or no maintenance over the course of its life
- Even if your tap water is high in mineral content, your faucet will not be damaged and will continue to flow freely
- This model resists backups of water in the backflow valve, reducing noise and eliminating the unpleasant hammering sound you sometimes get with other faucets
There isn’t really anything negative to say about this faucet, provided that the limited reach is appropriate for your needs. If you’re in the market for an outdoor faucet, a secondary faucet for your kitchen, or if you’re looking for something that coordinates with your main faucet from Danze’s Opulence line, this faucet is a good choice. For that reason, it is among our top recommended faucets.