Do you want a faucet that brings a touch of contemporary style to your kitchen along with good old-fashioned practicality? Are you looking for something made of solid 100 percent stainless steel? You should take a good look at what his kitchen faucet by Kraus has to offer. Designed to resist discoloration and corrosion, this model comes with all the water lines and mounting hardware that you’ll need for installation. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $720, but if you shop around online on sites such as Amazon you will save as much as 58 percent.
This faucet’s biggest claim to fame is its durable, heavy-duty construction. At 9 pounds, this model is among the heaviest faucets manufactured by Kraus (or anyone for that matter) for residential use. Because of this, you need to make sure it is tightly and properly installed to avoid it coming loose or damaging your sink through normal use. The faucet is deck mounted to add durability. It uses a single-hole installation, so be aware that if you have multiple holes you will need to be able to cover them.
Here are some more features for you to consider:
- The gooseneck is 16.93 inches tall at its highest point, giving you the advantages of a high-arc spout but without a commercial looking style
- The spray wand is held in place with spring tension for flexible but reliable function during your sink tasks
- The spray hose is 2 feet long, creating enough space to move freely without causing snagging under the sink
The faucet features a satin finish on stainless steel, helping it to be corrosion-resistant. The lifetime limited warranty includes this finish, giving you added peace of mind.
You will have to look inside this faucet to find its biggest advantage. These days all kitchen faucets include an aerator to help regulate the water flow, keeping it soft and not too strong. The Kraus KPF-2170 contains a Swiss-manufactured aerator that’s durable enough to withstand heavy use over time, providing consistent results with every use.
Here are some more advantages:
- The unit is tested very rigorously, and is listed and certified by all the major certification agencies in North America
- To install this faucet, all you need is a single hole with a diameter of 1.375 inches
- The toggle that switches between stream and spray is durable and easy to use – a convenient feature for a variety of sink tasks
All in all, this kitchen faucet is a great investment. It’s extremely heavy and almost impossible to destroy. If having a sturdy, solid faucet that can stand up to all kinds of use and abuse is important to you, this model is the one you need. We recommend it very highly.